Thanksgiving Food Ideas for Friendsgiving 2020 is a super-hot search on the internet nowadays. As the thanksgiving day is knocking at our doors, we’re preparing Thanksgiving food ideas for Friendsgiving 2020 day. Thanksgiving day is about to celebrate on November 28, 2020. We compile and bring you the best thanksgiving food ideas for Friendsgiving day.
Thanksgiving Food Ideas for Friendsgiving 2020
Hosting Friendsgiving day is a daunting task. With very few delicious and simple food items, we assure you that it’s not as scary as you think. We believe that three simple food items or recipes can cover your main course along with two side dishes, and a dessert. Also, roasted veggies and salad are a very good addition. And last but not least, plenty of wine!
We bring CACIO E PEPE MASHED POTATOES recipe as well as TURKEY & STUFFING SKILLET. First, look at Ingredients of both yummy recipes. These are the best Thanksgiving Food Ideas for Friendsgiving 2020.
CACIO E PEPE MASHED POTATOES Ingredient
- 3 lb russet (peeled) potatoes, (about 4 potatoes)
- Kosher salt
- Virgin Olive Oil
- McCormick Black Pepper
- Fresh Grated Pecorino
- Sour Cream
- Parsley leaves for serving
Try out the best Thanksgiving Food Ideas for Friendsgiving 2020. Below is the complete direction about how to prepare CACIO PEPE MASHED POTATOES.
Directions To Prepare
- In a pot, cover 3-4 potatoes with water, add a pinch of salt. Boil and cook until completely tender, it takes 16 to 18 minutes. Drain potatoes.
- Return empty pot to the stove on medium flame. Heat 1/4 cup of oil. Add black pepper as per taste and toast. Stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Remove the pot from flame and add boiled potatoes. Mash until potatoes become smooth. Stir in remaining oil and both cheese until cheese is melted as well as mashed potatoes are smooth. Add in sour cream, then taste with more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Transfer potatoes to the dish and serve, drizzle with some olive oil. Sprinkle with more black pepper and parm and also garnish with parsley. You are done with the best Thanksgiving Food Ideas for Friendsgiving 2020.
Below is another one of the best and delicious Thanksgiving Food Ideas for Friendsgiving 2020.
TURKEY & STUFFING SKILLET Ingredients
- Small loaf sourdough or take country bread
- Skin-on turkey breast
- Kosher Salt
- McCormick black pepper
- Olive oil
- Large onion
- Diced stalk celery
- Clove Garlic
- Chopped sage
- Dried thyme leaves
- Chopped rosemary
- Low-sodium chicken
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
These are the ingredients of tasty Thanksgiving Food Ideas for Friendsgiving 2020. Below is the complete direction on how to prepare these Thanksgiving Food Ideas for Friendsgiving 2020.
Directions to Prepare
- Tear or slice the bread into cubes and leave out overnight. Or bake at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Marinate turkey on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil. Add turkey’s breast skin side down in the skillet until skin is golden and crisp, it takes 5 to 7 minutes. Remove and place skin side up on a dish or board.
- Return skillet to heat for butter melting. Add onion and celery. Then cook until soft and fragrant, it takes 8 minutes. Stir in these ingredients i.e. garlic, sage, thyme, and rosemary. Cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add salt and pepper.
- Remove skillet and stir in bread and chicken broth. Make a well in the center and place turkey breast skin side up. Bake until bread is golden and crispy. The internal temperature should be 165° for 1 hour.
- Let turkey’s breast rest 10 minutes before you slice it. Meanwhile, make your gravy. For gravy, over medium heat melt butter. Then add McCormick, Turkey Gravy mix, flour, and thyme. Cook for one minute, then add in water and chicken broth. Add salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place turkey breast (sliced) over stuffing and then pour gravy. Serve with extra gravy.
- Your one of the best Thanksgiving Food Ideas for Friendsgiving is ready.
Hope you will like Friendsgiving food ideas. Keep Visiting and Sharing.